So some of you might remember that I purchased a used Hermes Lindy 30 from Fashionphile several months ago or you might have seen it in almost all of my pictures since then. Well finally here's the review of the bag after heavy use for about 3 months. And guess what? I love love love this bag. Contrary to what you might think, it's not because it's from Hermes and it's the most expensive bag in my collection (well retail, not what I paid for). I really love this bag because it's not only super useful but so well made! You would hope so from bag that costs so much, but if my journey through luxury-bag-land has taught me any lessons, it's that that's not always the case.
When I reviewed Loewe's hammock bag I had mentioned I really love Hermes' Lindy bags, and when I finally got my hands on the Lindy I really had expected both bags to feel the same. But the Lindy is above and beyond a much more useful and well-made bag. Let me count the ways I love this bag:
1) The 30 size is perfect to fit everything I need to carry everyday. It can fit more if I wanted to, and then the bag would look much more duffle-y and less slouchy.
2) The two handles are my preferred way to carry the bag and the rolled handles are comfortable when carrying the bag in the crook of my arm. But if I want to be hands free, then the strap is the perfect length for slinging over my shoulder. The Loewe bag also uses the same system but I sometimes find the long strap too long and gets in the way. Also the Loewe hammock bag doesn't have rolled handles and the handles are too short to carry the bag in the crook of my arm.
3) There are 4 really functional pockets, two inside the bag and two outside. The two outside ones are the perfect size for my iPhone 7+ and it's deep enough so my phone doesn't fall out ever. And now I probably spend 30 minutes (cumulatively) less everyday searching for my phone.
4) The Taurillon Clemence leather is super scratch-resistant but also really slouchy and perfect for this kind of bag (if I ever get my hands on another Hermes bag though I would probably go with a different kind of leather that's stiffer than this one, but for this bag it's the right kind of leather).
5) The closure to the bag is super secure, with the two zippers and a turn lock. When going into large crowds I know my stuff will be safe. But on the flip side it's so secure that sometimes it's hard to get get stuff in/out of the bag easily, and that would be the one and only drawback to this purse. So after some inquiry over at the purseforum, I've learned that most Lindy owners never really secure the zipper ends with the turn lock, and for me personally I just usually leave one of the zippers open for easy access.
As always I only recommend buying bags used from a reputable source and my go-to is always Fashionphile since they really know their handbags and sell only authentic ones (also they allow returns as long as you don't remove their tags so it's a great way to online shop for luxury items without committing!). Also since I waited for this to go on sale, I was able to purchase it for half the price of retail. And when I got it, I could hardly tell it was used. There's so much life left in this bag! I can see why Hermes is such a sought after brand: their bags are well-designed and made to last a lifetime. Anyway sorry if you've been sick of seeing this bag in all my shots, but it is easily my favorite!