So if you’re a long time reader, you know I looooove love love New Year’s Resolutions. I know I can’t always keep them (I’m looking at you shopping ban resolution of 2017) but I always try. Plus it makes the new year feel so much more fresh and promising when I have some resolutions. So here’s a brief recap of how I did this past year and what I want to try out for the new year.
My 2018 Resolutions (linked to the original post)
1) Working Out: I was doing really well and was working out even during my first trimester (ok quite sporadically but I was trying). But when I started to get bleeding incidents during my pregnancy (so far 5 incidents, please let it be only 5) I stopped cold turkey. I just didn’t want to put that stress on my body, plus I wasn’t gaining a crazy amount of weight anyway. Next year I don’t plan to put this on the agenda. I’ll work out if I feel like it but I know I’m going to be crazy busy with the baby and don’t want to pressure myself to adding workouts to my schedule.
2) Stop binge drinking: Nailed it! Who knew I just had to get pregnant, lol. Also this is the first times in my life where I’ve been stone cold sober at parties where everyone else is drinking. And let me just say 1) it’s quite boring and 2) drunk people are extra obnoxious when you’re sober (but so much fun when you’re drunk with them)—I don’t know how sober people do it.
3) Shop ethically: Almost nailed it. Slipped up once and bought two things at Zara on vacation back in May. Both items are already no longer in my closet—I sold it to Crossroads. But this was a lesson learned and I think the nail in the coffin for shopping fast fashion. Haven’t purchased from any fast fashion stores since nor have I had the urge to do so.
4) Zero Waste Lifestyle Makeover: Needs work. I got some things down like remembering to bring reusable bags to the grocery store and using only reusable cotton pads for my face products. But I’m nowhere near where I want to be. As much as I would like to be the role model for zero waste, I don’t want to add that pressure during the first year of the baby so I’m going to skip this resolution this year and will try again in 2020.
Ok, so I only really have one goal next year: to survive and thrive during the first year of motherhood, lol. But if I were to add one more thing on the list, it’s to be better with my money. In 2018, I added a lot of things to my closet, splurged on a lot of things and did not keep track of my money at all. Now that I have to think of baby’s future, I know I need to be better with my money. I would love to track my spending but don’t want to add that stress next year (I’ll try but we’ll see). But one thing I can do is to buy less items for my closet and control my spending when it comes to this blog. So here’s my one resolution for 2019:
1) Only add one item to my closet per month. Here’s the plan: I’m going to write a list of all the things I want during the month and only allow myself to buy 1 item off that list at the end of the month. This will also include items I get on credit (so probably less Everlane reviews next year, but really with the baby am I going to have the time anyway?). This way I hope to add only 12 items to my closet next year. Do you think I can do it? It seems ambitious to me but I’m going to try!
What are some of your resolutions for 2019? I would love to hear!