Rarely does high fashion news affect me, and I have long since stopped caring (long gone are my Vogue-reading days), especially since my world revolves around ethical fashion these days. But the ending of the Phoebe Philo era at Céline and start of Hedi Slimane reign at Celine is something I’ve taken notice of, especially since I’m a huge fan of the simple and elegant bags that Phoebe’s Céline used to craft. So please let me have this one indulgence in celebrating some of the bags that I currently love at Fashionphile that will now live in Céline history. Also if you’ve ever been interested in Céline bags, now is the time to get these since I have a feeling some people will be holding tight to their Céline classics and they’ll be less available as new Celine floods the market.
1. Small Belt Cabas Phantom in taupe: I reviewed the exact same bag here. This is by far my most useful and favorite Celine bag in my collection. I look forward to using this bag as a diaper bag in the future!
2. Small Belt Cabas Phantom in navy: So nice that I listed it twice :)
3. Small Ring Bag in dune: An older style from Céline and one I might add to my collection in the future.
4. Medium Classic Box Bag: I used to own this bag in light blue but ended up selling it to a blog reader who asked for it. In the end I’m not a structured purse kind of person and I already have two Chanels that fit the need. But I’m really tempted to get this one and sell a Chanel since it really is a beautiful classic bag.
5. Small Sangle in navy: I had the medium version of this bag but also just recently ended up selling it to a blog reader who asked (lol, I guess I have a hard time saying no). I reviewed it here, and as much as I loved the medium version of this bag I prefer my Cabas Phantom (1 & 2 on this list) and end up using that more. Since I didn’t need two large Céline bags I let this one go. But this smaller Sangle is kind of calling my name.
6. Large Trio Crossbody bag in beige: I used to have this bag in the smaller size and in teal color that never really matched anything so I sold it. I would definitely rebuy this classic Céline crossbody in the larger size and a more neutral color.
7. Zip Around Organizer Wallet: I have two Céline wallets, one of which I purchased from Fashionphile. I love their functional and sturdy wallets, plus they usually have an element of surprise—like this black one with a bright yellow interior. If I was in the market for a larger wallet, this is the one I would get. Also it’s on “last call” right now and selling for $275 (usual retail is closer to $900).
8. Medium Edge Bag in red: My friend has this bag and has been using it for ages, and it’s held up so well. Now that she has a toddler, she uses it as a diaper/baby bag and it surprisingly fits a lot and yet looks chic even when stuffed. I’m tempted to copy her and get this one for myself, especially for this really good used price.
9. Small Soft Cube Bag in navy: I just bought a dark green version of this bag used from Fashionphile (with trade in credit) and I looooove it. It’s the perfect everyday casual bag and I love the crossbody strap and top handle design. I’ll be reviewing this bag very soon so stay tuned!
10. Micro Belt Bag in gray: I reviewed this bag here. I recently sold it to purchase a nano version since this medium-ish size was a bit too large for my daily needs. But I still really love this bag and it’s the perfect practical bag for those who want to carry a bit more than just the essentials.
Anyway I hope you enjoyed my little ode to Céline here and I probably won’t be reviewing anymore Celine items, unless I buy one of these older bags. And if one of you guys do decide to get one of the bags I’m thinking about it here, I won’t be mad, lol (if I really wanted it I should have left it off this list or purchased it right away). But rather I’d be happy that you guys got a beautiful piece of Céline history at a really good price. And if you’re interested to see what else Fashionphile has you can see all their Céline items here.
P.S. This is not at all sponsored and in some ways it’s like a PSA for my Celine bag lovers out there. But these are affiliate links so if anyone purchases through this blog, thank you so much for your support! I really appreciate the small side hustle I am able to make from sharing my joys here :)