Hi guys and we have another review (well actually 2 reviews) from a fellow blog reader today! Thank you to Linda for her awesome review of Cuyana's leather zip around wallet and the leather envelope clutch. I never really thought about Cuyana's clutch, but after reading her review I'm very tempted to get one for myself! So without further ado, in Linda's words:
I decided to order the Cuyana classic zip around wallet to replace a Tory Burch wallet that had worn out. I had ordered the Everlane slim zip wallet as an option but ultimately decided to return it because I was worried that the smooth-grained leather would be scratched too easily (I don't baby my leather goods as much as I should). I decided on the Cuyana wallet first because I had heard great things about the quality of their leather goods, and second because I wanted a simple, classic wallet with the option to monogram.
I waffled over color and monogram options for awhile but in the end decided to go with a very timeless option: black leather (lined in bright red), with my initials in monogram.
Size-wise, this wallet is about the same size as the Tory Burch wallet, and comparable to other zip around wallets I've looked at. It fits a TON of stuff - far more spacious than the Everlane option. I've crammed mine full, with many ID cards, credit cards, receipts and so forth, and it still never feels bulky and the slots haven't stretched out too badly. I also love that it has the separate coin compartment in the center - super functional and easy to use.
- Quality: Like other Cuyana products, the leather is super soft and smooth. I've had this wallet for about six months now, and even carrying it in my backpack every day to and from work, it barely shows any signs of wear; a few smudges here and there, but nothing a quick wipe with a damp cloth or leather conditioner won't remove.
- Size: The perfect size if you are a chronic hoarder of IDs, credit cards, loyalty cards, receipts, etc. but still want to look chic and pulled together!
- Color and monogram: I love the wide variety of chic color options this wallet comes in; if I were more carefully with my purchases, I would have loved the stone or blush options. Also, the stamped monogram is totally worth the $10, in my opinion, as it's held up really well with no signs of wear.
- Nothing comes to mind!
Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase, and I can see this wallet lasting me for years. I've received many compliments on it, and I'm planning on purchasing more as gifts for dear friends in the future!
I purchased the Cuyana leather envelope clutch in pebbled black leather. I wasn't really considering any other clutch options like this one, as I was really looking for something structured and simple for upscale evening events. I already have an oversized black leather slouchy clutch from American Apparel, so I wanted something on the other end of the spectrum of black leather clutches. (I'm not very adventurous in my accessorizing - thus, all the black leather!)
- Quality: As expected, the quality of this clutch is just beautiful. This leather seems firmer and more durable than that of the wallet, funnily enough given it's more of a special occasion item rather than an everyday item. The magnetic closure is well-made and holds the bag closed with a comfortable amount of resistance when opening.
- Size (weight/shape): This clutch is very lightweight, as it doesn't have any hardware or decoration, and it's the perfect depth for slipping under your arm if you're carrying a drink or shaking someone's hand.
- Capacity: This clutch is really meant to hold just the bare necessities, as the magnetic closure won't shut if the clutch is too full, and there's only one card slot in the back. For an evening out, I can comfortably fit a lip product, my iPhone 6, a small Altoids tin, and my room key/ID/credit card in the card slot - that's it. The lack of capacity was a bit surprising to me at first, but I like that it forces me to streamline what I bring. That being said, if you're looking for more capacity, I'd consider the convertible clutch.
It doesn't appear that this specific option is available any more, but looking at the current options, both the black shimmer pebbled leather and the black pebbled/smooth leather clutches look pretty similar and both are gorgeous, of course.