And the Everlane train keeps a rollin! Today I have for you a review on a couple of Everlane's new linen items: the linen crew sweater and the linen shirtdress in indigo.
First off is the linen crew sweater in blue/cream stripes. If you've noticed from my Everlane reviews in the past, I'm pretty much always down to try anything with stripes. So when I saw this linen sweater I knew I had to give it a shot (especially since I wasn't in love the blue and white micro stripe slim crew). And just when I was saying how I never keep anything from Everlane anymore, I found a keeper! I really love this sweater! It's my first linen sweater ever so I was expecting it to feel a bit rough like regular linen shirts. However this sweater is anything but rough. It's not scratchy or stiff, and there's a bit of stretch to it. I ordered it in a small and though it's a bit snug at the arms, I think I like the more fitted look. This sweater is the perfect item for some of the more cooler summer days. And thanks to everyone who's supported me by clicking on my referral link, I was able to buy this on Everlane credit!
So unfortunately the linen shirt dress is no longer available. But just in case Everlane gets more in stock or you're able to find one, here's just a quick review. I ordered the shirt dress in a size 2 (which is one size smaller than my usual) and it fit perfectly. I actually really liked the look of the dress and really couldn't find any faults with it, but in the end I returned it. It just wasn't really my style and I couldn't see myself wearing it very often.
A quick list of the Pros:
- Very summery and the lightweight fabric is perfect for hot days.
- The side slits and the fact that the back is a bit longer than the front adds some style.
- The beautiful indigo color.
And a very short list of the cons:
- Indigo dye is notorious for rubbing off on lighter colored items. And since I'm not really careful with my purses, I know that if I kept this dress some of my lighter colored bags would inadvertently start turning blue (like my Mansur Gavriel crossbody).
- And as is the nature of linen, it was a bit scratchy (though this will soften with wear and washing) and wrinkles easily.
And I know the bottom two pictures are basically the same but the first one is with my big dog Hachi, who wanted to get his chin scratched mid-picture. And the second pic is with my small dog Ellie lurking the background.
I'm wearing my new favorite Loeffler Randall sandals and Cuyana's Summer Hat (which I'll be doing a review on soon). As usual reviews are done on items I've purchased for myself and are not sponsored. Check out my other Everlane reviews here and Everlane's items (referral link, thanks again guys for your support!).