1) I had never heard of this movie before but it was pretty good: This is Where I Leave You. It stars Tina Fey, Jason Bateman, Jane Fonda, the Philly governor from House of Cards and Adam from Girls (and there's also Tom's annoying friend from Parks and Rec and the older woman on Nashville and some other famous people). The best things about this movie are the overall casting and the scenes with Tina and Jason (surprisingly I think this is the first movie they did together and they're so awesome together).
2) After watching the outrageousness that is the business of chicken farming (below), I've decided to a) buy chicken NOT produced by Pilgrim's, Tyson, Sanderson Farms, or Perdue; b) and instead buy chicken from Pitman Farms (aka Mary's Organic Chicken); and c) donate to small farms through BarnRaiser (crowd funding for farms and organizations promoting clean eating and responsible farming).
3) I really want to do a tour and tasting at St. George's Distillery in Alameda. Anyone with me?
4) And I found this amazing shop in Bernal Heights last week, which only opened about 2 months ago. They sell small batch artisanal goods and I'll be doing a more thorough write-up of what they have and what I bought! Shop there and then eat at one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the city, Vega!
5) Anyone else have Mad Men withdrawals? It's not the best solution but try watching Happyish on Showtime. Specifically, episode 4 which coincidentally not only aired on the same day as the Mad Men series finale but also reference the same Coke ad from 1976. Just be prepared to endure some off the wall, truly crazy people delusions. The modern ad man's world? Plus it stars the Steeve Coogan from The Trip (also a good watch).